16 Articles and Blog Posts For Architects & Interior Designers to Write
As part of an on-going marketing plan, architects and designers should evaluate business goals, strategize to increase business, and prepare to welcome new clients as services are requested. You can utilize article writing to tell your story, define your selling architectural services service offerings, and market your business.
Position yourself as an expert in the building industry by writing articles and posting them on your website or to a blog. Let people know who you are and how you operate. Make yourself and your firm completely accessible to your clients and prospects, informing them of how you got to be where you are and why you are the right professional to meet their needs and solve their problems.
Here are 16 topics to start (two to four months worth of blogging):
- Why did you become an architect or interior designer?
2. Who is your favorite designer or architect?
3. What or who inspires you?
4. Write a review of your favorite building or space designed by someone else.
5. Write a review of your favorite building or space designed by you.
6. Describe the best project you ever worked on.
7. Describe the project you are most proud of.
8. Give advice to those entering the architecture and interior design profession.
9. Give advice to improve the architecture or interior design fields, or the building industry as a whole.
10. What trends do you foresee for architecture or interior design for the next five or 10 years?
11. What are the trends for your niche market for the next five to 10 years?
12. What makes you a leader in your niche market?
13. Describe your hobbies and how they may relate to architecture or interior design.
14. What organizations do you volunteer with and why?
15. Write a summary of the last workshop or conference you attended.
16. Describe your “aha” moment – the moment that changed your career.